Wednesday, March 27, 2013

All The Deets

As you may have heard, there have been some recent developments in my life. I have a new job! This last month has been a whirlwind, and I'm still somewhat in shock of it all. Honestly, I wasn't seriously looking for a new job, and I applied to one position thinking I would never hear back about it. But, obviously I was wrong.

The position is part-time at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. I'll be working on a three year research study looking at the attitudes and behaviors towards Children's Hospital of American Indian patients that utilize the Emergency Room. I'll be working with the IRB, surveying doctors and hospital staff, and interviewing the patients and their families. For those of you that know me well, you can probably tell why I took the job. I'm getting back to my research roots! :)

Since the position is part-time and because I wasn't planning on leaving my previous job, I asked to stay on at the Mission part-time as well. I'll be dropping some of my duties and taking on others, as I hope to start doing more program evaluation there. My plan is to work at Children's three days a week and at the Mission for the other two. Hopefully this will all work out, and it won't be too stressful balancing both jobs. I'm going to give it a six-month "trial" period, and then reevaluate my decision if things aren't going well. We shall see!

That's all I have for today. I just thought it would be easiest to update you all at once instead of maintaining 15 different Facebook conversations...

Thanks to all the people in my life that love and support me. I appreciate each of you so much! Have an excellent week.

Love,
H

PS: I am currently obsessed with this song. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment