Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kate McGill, A Hidden British Gem

I want to introduce you to Kate McGill. She's the master of acoustic cover songs, and an adorable quirky British girl that everyone secretly wishes was their best friend. I first discovered her on YouTube while looking up Mumford & Sons' song "White Blank Page" (click here to watch that video), and I've been hooked on her ever since.

She released her debut album last year, and she's been touring the UK to promote it. Unfortunately, she has yet to come to the US on tour, but if/when she does, I am willing to drive 6+ hours to see her. She's hilarious (https://twitter.com/katem3 - but remember, she's British, so don't be offended by her use of swears), and I bet she's really entertaining to see live.

Below is an official music video for a song off her first album (I believe she's currently working on her second) - called "Cursed." Listen, watch, and enjoy!




And here are some of her best covers (in my opinion):

Too Close by Alex Clare
The Only Exception by Paramore (collaboration)
Holocene by Bon Iver
Payphone by Maroon 5
I Can't Make You Love Me by Bon Iver/Bonnie Raitt

No comments:

Post a Comment