Friday, August 10, 2012

Farm Fresh

One of my newest finds in the city is the beauty of the farmers market. I always heard about farmers markets from friends, but for some reason, I thought the main point was to walk around and see interesting and bizarre foods. However, I have recently learned that the point is, in fact, to buy produce fresh from the farm! If you've never had farm vegetables before, you definitely need to try it. I don't know if it's all in my head, but I can't help feeling like a better person for eating farmers market vegetables. There's something about buying green beans still connected to the branch (stem? leaf? What is that called exactly?) that makes me feel a slight Laura Ingalls Wilder vibe that I love. My hubby and I don't feel a strong urge to eat only organic/natural foods, but now that we know we can buy fresh veggies for cheap (which also taste delicious!), we are big fans. 

A couple weeks ago at the farmers market, we accidentally doubled up on green beans and cucumbers. Luckily, we were motivated to eat them all. :)



And this week, we invested in fresh basil and tomatoes. So my hubs made margherita pizza!


Well, that is all for now. I just wanted to give a shout out to farmers markets everywhere. Now that we are moving to the city (in one week!), I'm sure I will be exposed to many other new things that might show up on this blog. Hopefully, you will enjoy them too!

Have a great weekend!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment