Thursday, August 16, 2012

But I'm Better Now

I just discovered something wonderful, and I'm so excited about it that I need to write this down before I forget! "It" is the song Better Now by a band called The Vespers. I downloaded their album for free a few weeks ago on Noisetrade* but I am just now getting a chance to listen to it. When you hear this song, you will almost immediately think of Nickel Creek (another wonderful band), get warm fuzzies, and then smile, knowing there exists another band that is rocking this sound. If you're not familiar with either of the bands I just mentioned, I will describe them like this: folk, soulful [female] vocals, banjo, acoustic, worship. Honestly, what could be better?

Warning: if you actually watch the music video and listen to the lyrics, you might get a little teary-eyed (like I just did).

Oh but I'm better now
Why do you shake your head no
Oh and I met a man
Oh and he saved my soul

*To download their free album for yourself, click here: http://noisetrade.com/vespers.



No comments:

Post a Comment