Saturday, July 28, 2012

Welcome to The Zook Nook

Hello, and welcome to The Zook Nook! I'm still not sure if I'm going to tell people about this blog or just keep it to myself and any random creepers that stumble across it on the inter-web, so for now I will just pretend I have an audience out there. I created this blog so I would have a place to post my videos and pictures, with the occasional written post, and share anything I find interesting. I figure the great thing about a blog is that no one is being forced to read it (like a Facebook or Twitter feed), so I can openly state my thoughts and opinions without annoying the heck out of 400+ "friends" who I haven't talked to in years. Plus, I think "The Zook Nook" is so stinkin' cute of a name that I had to claim it somewhere...

To quote Jason Mraz, "for those who don't remember me, now let me introduce you to my style": I am not a highly emotional person, so I typically write more in facts and statements that with feeling. Don't get me wrong, I do have strong feelings about a lot of things, it's just that I'm not very good at expressing them. I've done a small amount of blogging in the past, and it seems that I default to writing about my situations more than how I feel about them. So if you're looking for someone who intimately expresses their deepest emotions for the whole blogosphere to read, this is probably not the place for you. I will mostly write short, direct posts about whatever I fancy, and then accompany that with photos I took and videos I edited. 

Here's a snippet of my interests (and what I will likely write about): homelessness and poverty, music, faith, photography, pop culture, and definitely NOT politics. Feel free to leave a comment or check my Twitter for more frequent communications from me.

Now go and have an excellent Saturday!
H


1 comment:

  1. Feathie, mom and I think your blog is awesome, and "Zook Nook" IS stinkin' cute. We love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete